Monday, September 03, 2007

Greetz from Amsterdam!

Ok, so here we go... This is the first stop on what is a 3-week long trip in Europe. I will be traveling to a total of 8 countries during this time. I'm here because I just released a product for my company and I need to train our Sales/Support/Consultant staff as well as meet with some key customers over here. And, of course, I need a little R&R with my woman! :-) Christina will be flying out to meet me in Paris next week and we'll take about 6 days to enjoy France together!

Here are a few pics from my first stop: Amsterdam. First impressions: everything is small here, the city is beautiful, I love the coffeshops/cafes, and I am enjoying the cool weather in contrast to the 90F California heatwave. (Yep, I'm spoiled.) It has a feel of many of the "Old Town" areas in the States, though old here is much older and the old area isn't a few blocks, but the entire city. There's something refreshingly authentic about it all, too. I mean, you can go to old town in Alexandria, VA and have a nice stroll through the shops and old buildings... but don't blink - it's a small area!

Anyway, I've only been here for 3 hours and I've spent maybe 1.5 hours on the streets sightseeing... mine is a pretty limited impression thus far.

So, on with the [few] pictures!



No comments: