Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fire: Email from a friend

Here's an email that I recieved from my friend, Tom White, regarding his home. God is good!

I am so grateful that our house is spared!

Praise God!!!

John Hosford, one of the young men from the church went by the house, (crossing the police line). He said the fire came to our house, sindged the pine tree in the driveway went over the driveway past the garage to the left, and moved below the house heading west .

Wow. Just earlier today the police stopped one of the contractors working on the casita, stopping him just up the hill from our driveway, where that intersection is on the flat area before you turn right. He said that nothing below his fire truck which blocked the road would survive the fire, and pointed to the smoke coming over the hill to the left.

I am humbled by the goodness of the Savior -- whether the house stood or fell, His mercy is rich and free and He is faithful in all circumstances. I trust that you know the goodness of His presence during these days.

I think that so far no one has lost a house in the church; Kurt's is not on the RB lists coming out, and we have not seen Charlie Jewett's listed, though some in the Eagle Creek area are listed.

I look forward to the day when we can celebrate the Lord's goodness together. Coming soon!

Bless you all, love

Tom

No comments: