Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire, Fire... huhuh.

(Think Beavis and Butthead... never mind.)

So, there's a wildfire. Wow. It's big - or so it seems to me... from my vantage point 14 miles due west. Thankfully, the 30 - 40 MPH winds are blowing to the south west. But things can change in the next 48 hours (the forecasted duration of these "Santa Anna" winds). I really think we're fine, but it's too close for comfort. Please, pray that the winds die down. The firefighters need any and every advantage they can get and the winds are just fueling the fire. What's weird is that the winds have NOT dies down this evening, as they traditionally do after the sun sets.

I need to go to bed, but here's a little map I put together from Google:
View Larger Map

Here's a link to a website with info: http://www.signonsandiego.com and http://www.nctimes.com/

Here's a graphic of the fire as of a little while ago:


And here's a (poor) picture of a piece of the fire that we can see from our house:

No comments: